Changes in DYC Communications
Yahoo Groups & Prayer Requests
Over the last nine years, Yahoo Groups was the online communication vehicle used by Dhyanyoga Centers as a means of issuing event announcements and prayer requests as well as being a place for online discussion.
We are very grateful to the small, dedicated group of sevites who worked hard to moderate the group and keep it going all those years. However, as our communications needs and abilities have grown, we’ve moved to new media and will be phasing out Yahoo Groups.
On June 30, 2011 all online content, including photos, files, and a Shakti Newsletter archive, will be deleted from the DYC Yahoo e-group. Please feel free to copy this content to your personal computers before June 30th. Any questions about copying files from the DYC Yahoo e-group can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new media tools we are now using are:
- E-bulletins as a means of getting information out to disciples
- Shakti Online to replace the printed Shakti newsletter and provide a place for commenting and discussion
- Facebook for community discussion and social networking
Disciples’ Prayer Requests
We are happy to announce that we have just completed a new process for issuing disciples’ prayer requests. DYC disciples are welcome to place prayer requests. The instructions below explain how to place, receive, and respond to a prayer request.
To Place A Prayer Request :
- Please email email@example.com
What to include in the prayer request:
- Include your full name and the full name of person for whom you are requesting the prayer.
- You may include the illness, condition, or circumstance causing the difficulty.
What NOT to include:
Please do not include addresses, phone numbers or other overly personal information.
The request will go out via an e-bulletin and will also be posted in Shakti Online to enable fellow disciples to respond with personal best wishes to the person or family involved. To protect peoples’ privacy, in this version the most personal info, such as medical conditions, will be edited out (see #3 below).
To Receive DYC Prayer Requests Via Email:
Even if you have been receiving prayer requests up to now, it’s essential that you subscribe as follows:
- Go to www.shaktionline.org
- Click on the subscribe button in the right hand column;
- You will be led through a subscription process again (apologies for any inconvenience!);
- Please sign up for all of the subscriber categories you would like to belong to, including prayer requests.
**NOTE** If your address or contact info has NOT CHANGED:
- Type “Yes” in the box next to the question: “Are you just adding yourself to an additional subscriber list (like Prayer Requests)?”
- DO NOT check off Update my contact info UNLESS your address or contact info has actually changed since the last time you subscribed. Thank you!
To Send Your Personal Best Wishes To The Person Or Family or to announce group prayers being performed for this situation:
- Go to www.shaktionline.org
- Click on the prayer request listed in the sidebar on the right;
- Below the prayer request leave your response, or announcement in the Comments box.
All comments are moderated, so it may take a little time for them to appear.
If you have any questions about this process contact John at: firstname.lastname@example.org